SAR Fish of the Month

Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Fish of the month November  (Read 3874 times)

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
Re: Fish of the month November
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
I have never voted for any of my fish since the fish of the month started Reg but I always vote to keep the voting numbers up plus a
S A R Record would always sway my vote unless there was a rare species to vote for.

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
I have never voted for any of my fish since the fish of the month started Reg but I always vote to keep the voting numbers up plus a
S A R Record would always sway my vote unless there was a rare species to vote for.
  two great fish though Terry. Both worthy of voting for....

North east bass fishing addict.

Online scotty73

• Platinum Member
  • P.B COD 15.14 / RAY 13.12/ HUSS 16.9/ CONGER 14.8
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »
same here terry ive never or will never vote for my owe fish at the end off the day its only at bit fun/crack {for me any way }

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
huge well done brian mate my best shore cod to date is 6lb 4oz hoping to beat that one this winter if I ever get chance to get on the beaches or piers at the right time.

Online scotty73

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
huge well done brian mate my best shore cod to date is 6lb 4oz hoping to beat that one this winter if I ever get chance to get on the beaches or piers at the right time.
Not a bad cod mate mines 13lb 8oz  . Two year ago now i told her indoors if i ever beat my p.b or get 3 double cod in one night i would retire from fishing  . Tbh i would retire now the way i feel i just dont have that want for it any more  . Ill see this winter out and go from there ?,?

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 10:27:19 PM »
Not a bad cod mate mines 13lb 8oz  . Two year ago now i told her indoors if i ever beat my p.b or get 3 double cod in one night i would retire from fishing  . Tbh i would retire now the way i feel i just dont have that want for it any more  . Ill see this winter out and go from there ?,?
you will regret it if you sell up Brian.... Then you will come back to it again  smiley-lol.gif

Change of focus is what you need. Something like the species hunt next year, target bass or a large shore conger.... Something that's a bit more exiting than cod bashing!

North east bass fishing addict.

Online scotty73

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »
I know mate just the way i feel right now . Im not really enjoy it no more all i sean to be doing is rush about  ever time i go fishing . Ive been up anble today picking bait up gear all sort for to night still sitting here try to push myself to go lol just got a few other things going on right now thats not helping . Ive sold 6 reels and 2 rods today  . Might feel difrent after a few weeks off work we see

Offline DALE19

• consett war lord retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »
best thing to do brian is just put the gear away for a few weeks  have a good think about it. .unsure.
I have been there myself got fed up sold my gear then a fews years later started all over again .
there are times you get sick of doing the same old thing.
I have lost interest in fly fishing over the last three years never been out but all my fly gear is in the loft for when I want to go out again, could not afford to replace it
you are just going through a bad spell m8 we  have all been there at some time
nowt again as usual ,just giving worms swimming lessons full member EL BLANCO club

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
Congratulations to Scotty73 who's big cod wins Fish of the Month with 62% of the votes!

It was a close run thing this month with two very good fish. Well done to all.
I just slap it on my box and if it doesn't hang over the edge it isn't big enough

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »
we all have these little blips Brian mate but we always go back to it that's why for the past few years I have been doing the species hunting side of it as you can use various rods and methods to catch the many different fish who would have thought a few years back that I would be using 6lb line  and small pieces of bread or maggots to catch a sea fish.
I have even used 3lb hook snoods and size 24 hooks in the sea.
and I never ever thought there would be over 65 species off fish off our beloved north east coast and there is possibly more we just have not found them yet.
apart from the list mike keeps updating on here.
I have also been keeping a list of species that people have caught over the past 6 years locally to see if I can catch them.
I have managed 41 one of them up to now but will still keep trying to catch the others
A 1lb plus bass or mullet on a 5-15gram LRF rod gives me just as much fun as catching the big cod and ling on the boats as there is always that chance that the 6lb line is going to give or they will take a dive behind a rock and rub the line on it and its lost.
hope you don't give it up mate as I enjoy reading your reports and seeing your photos of the fish you have landed

To gain access to the forum you must register.  Please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!