Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Avet SX5.3MC  (Read 2383 times)

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
Avet SX5.3MC
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Just took delivery of my first multiplier reel from America & I bought an Avet SX5.3MC.
I have had great reports about this reel & I managed to have a few casts from one of the casting lads & was well impressed & instead of buying another Shimano Torium 14 I took the plunge & ordered a one from America.
I have got to say that I am mightly impressed & for all that have thought about one, give yourself a treat & order what I consider to be by far the best muliplier I have ever used.
The reel is fitted with a lever drag instead of a star drag which turns out to be a much better system than the star drag.
The drag is set when the lever is in the free position. This is also the casting position.
You can then move the lever to the bait position if you want to cast with a heavy bait.
Once you have cast out you then put the lever to the strike position. This then uses the drag setting that you have set when in the free position.
If you find that you dont have enough drag you can then set the lever to full & get extra drag.

The MC stands for Mag Control & this has a setting from 1 - 5.

This mag control is by far the best I have used. If you want distance then just set it at 1 or 2, cast out like any other reel & thumb it like any other reel. A few of the casting lads are starting to use these reels & are achieving big distances.
The best feature of this reel is that if you set the mag to 4 or 5 you can cast out as hard as you like & when the sinker hits the water you do not have to stop it with your thumb, it stops itself, brilliant.
The reel has terrific cranking power, its the best engineered reel I have ever seen & is very well made.

The reel looks & feels quality & there should be no reason why it dosnt last a lifetime.
I ordered mine from Charkbait but you can also get them from Rokmax, both companies are in America.
You can get them in all sorts of colours,even a camouflage colour.
Anyone thinking of buying an Avet fron USA should know that you will also receive a tax duty bill from the carrier of about £25.

Happy Days.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Offline Bob C

• Gold Member
Re: Avet SX5.3MC
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:56 AM »
I have had one for a number of years Brian & agree with most of what you are saying about them. Beautifully made & solid as a rock, but, i think they feel numb for casting. The handle feels way too big & it just feels unbalanced because of it. It also sits a bit high on the Rod for small hands. I only use mine on the Boats & for this it is superb. I am sure it would be great for Rock marks, but the retrieve isnt the fastest around.

AnglingBuddy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »
nice reel brian  ..

bob   :laugh:  ya had to be a killjoy didnt ya  >:D

Offline tonybax

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »
i got hit with a 38 quid import tax bill week after i got mine.

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »
Look like very well made reels ....thanks for the info Brian just the type of thing this section was set up to discuss. 
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline fishfingers

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »
i new brian when you seen and handled mine [my reel that is lol] you would get 1  as for the retrieve i think it is more than enough we used to use nothing but abu,s with 4.7.1 and 5.3.1 and still pulled plenty of fish in then slosh,s and not so sure newels came out with 6.1 retreive nice bit of bling get another 1 in another colour but this time get the sx without the mag on now they are lively until you get the right amount of line on, also rokmax is in cornwall

plaiceho

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »
were,s me post gone i am sure i posted one on this thread last night or did i.

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
were,s me post gone i am sure i posted one on this thread last night or did i.

Can't say we've lost a post plaiceho, go for it.......
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

plaiceho

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
is it my age forgot what i was going to say now.

Chris s

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
Looks like a nice bit of kit Brian,heard a lot of good things off lads who use them

jonesy

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »
Thanks for showing me your reel mate the other week, like you said it looks really well built and is certainly an option next time I buy a reel. :)

Members Gallery Pictures

MySQL error:Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!