Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Thoughts on this Year....  (Read 316 times)

Online Nooo Fish

• Gold Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
Re: Thoughts on this Year....
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
SGS eels are the kiddies Marc mate. Had all my best fish on them last year. Including the 7lber. I'm like a crack head when I go in nets in the summer. Mind I'll only use the weedless jig heads. Anything else is gone within 5 casts.

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »
SGS eels are the kiddies Marc mate. Had all my best fish on them last year. Including the 7lber. I'm like a crack head when I go in nets in the summer. Mind I'll only use the weedless jig heads. Anything else is gone within 5 casts.
I fish weedless whenever possible. I find pollock tend to be low in the water so you need to fish deep amongst the kelp and rock. It's a lure a cast nearly if your not weedless
Bass in 2017 - 17.
Bass in 2018 - 0 (I've not tried yet!!)

Offline Wreckingball76

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 01:03:20 AM »
I fish weedless whenever possible. I find pollock tend to be low in the water so you need to fish deep amongst the kelp and rock. It's a lure a cast nearly if your not weedless

Same here..... I always tend to always fish weedless with soft plastics it has a far better 'feel' without the worry.  .goodbye.

Online Nooo Fish

• Gold Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
Only thing I feel when I'm not weedless is a bump then a snag.

Has anyone ever tried a weed guard? I don't fancy them as I reckon the fish will feel it before it bites down properly on your lure and let go.

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
Not me mate. I tend to fish Texas rigs and just skin hook the barb to stop it catching
Bass in 2017 - 17.
Bass in 2018 - 0 (I've not tried yet!!)

Online Nooo Fish

• Gold Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:09 AM »
This weather needs to hurry up and sort itself out. My metals for the season have turned up and I want to get them wet!!

Offline Lichtie

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
I use weed guards on pike flies , just a bit if hard man no does the job tied into the pattern

As a Guest you will not be able to see all the boards on this forum. To gain full access you must register!
Please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!