Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Best one-liner(ever!)  (Read 179 times)

Offline kayos

• Gold Member
Best one-liner(ever!)
« on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »
Friday night is wine night. Lynn and I sitting at the table, in the lounge, discussing our week and putting the world to rights. Last night we over indulged somewhat. You know you are drinking too much when you run to the corner shop at 945pm to buy another 2 bottles of wine before they close!

Dreadfully hungover today! I got up, made some coffee and took it to Lynn, who is still in bed making strange gurgling noises. I put the coffee on the bed side table and she says

"Call Autoglass."

I said why and she replied

"Because I'm smashed!!"

Haha, hungover but still has her sense of humour! smiley32 smiley32

A quiet day at home watching the rugger I think. Can Scotland beat the All Blacks? Not a chance, but it should be a good game with plenty of tries - even a few for Scotland hopefully. Last week's game against Samoa was brilliant to watch and so much better than the England snorefest against Argentina. If Scotland can sort out their defence they could turn out to be a great team in the next few years.

Online REG PUDE.

• Platinum Member
Re: Best one-liner(ever!)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
tipical women {pain in the head}. .drunk. smiley-lol.gif.
old timer.good at winding members up.ps,but will help out anyone best i can.

Offline DubberGaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:42:59 PM »
Nice one Mark .cool.

Offline codqueen

• Bronze Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:28:44 PM »
What a horrible day!

Unbelievably hungover - I never used to drink before I met Kayos - not even when I was young.

I was such a swot in those days, my nickname at University and Scottish Opera was Sheila(as in Ferguson - 3 degrees!)

Watched the rugby -fair play to England - they awoke from their slumbers to beat the Wallabies, with the help of the referee!

The Scots? Well they pushed the All Blacks hard, they should have won, but knocked on too many time in the All Blacks 22.

And that last break out by Hogg was so close

Devastated!
The other half of the partnership that actually catches fish!

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »
Ah come on.... England deserved the win. Not by that amount of points but deserved. It was only a lack of self discipline at the scrum in the first half that cost them. Aussies lost a couple of 50/50's but by the letter of the law probably the right decisions.

The scots? Well... Roll on the World Cup! I think your lot will be a right old handful for pretty much any team they come across!

Scots to the semi finals as a prediction  ;)
Bass fishing addict! Bass in 2017 - 17.

Offline codqueen

• Bronze Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »
I think you are right Marc - Scotland in the semi final of the World Cup - and thrash England!!  :laugh:
The other half of the partnership that actually catches fish!

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:46:13 PM »
The scots getting up for a game against England is the only way they will progress past the semis  smiley-lol.gif

To be fair though, you now have a handful of really good backs which can finish off the chances that used to fall by the wayside. I actually enjoy watching Scotland as much as England.... And certainly more that any of the other northern hemisphere teams!
Bass fishing addict! Bass in 2017 - 17.

Offline HCL29

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:34:49 AM »
Really nice bit of wit,&humour there lynn, smiley-lol.gif(tight lines)  P. S. no more reports on the rugby,stick 2the comedy. .rofl.
why buy fish? when you can have so much fun catching them.

Offline kayos

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
Aye Lynn loves her rugby, screams at the TV like a banshee!

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
It definitely seems Scotland’s rugby team are on the up. I thought some of there early ball handling was terrific & gave the All Blacks a run for there money.
I thought England rode there luck well & thoroughly deserved the win. Followed England rugby team for a lot of years & under Eddy Jones it’s the best I have seen. One day I would love to see them play at Twickenham.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!