Latest post on the boards

• SAR Fundraising Meet "The Piscan Pot" 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: SAR Fundraising Meet "The Piscan Pot"  (Read 1321 times)

Offline HCL29

• Bronze Member
Re: SAR Fundraising Meet "The Piscan Pot"
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:39 AM »
I am still up 4 it .happydancer.(tight lines )
why buy fish? when you can have so much fun catching them.
The following users thanked this post: Thunderpants

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »
i shall try my hardest to be there though the venue isn't ideal, doesn't feel like i'm fishing if i'm not losing leads  .rofl. .rofl. .rofl.

I have lost plenty leads on the beaches over the years tony that kelp at times is a mare I even got stuck fast on roker beach a couple of years back

Offline springer

• sporting events retired
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 08:45:55 PM »
yes me and dale defo there even if we catch nowt  :laugh: just going for the crack and a great laugh smiley-lol.gif plus will bring a prize as well mike if you want me to ,just let me know then i can sort it out and not leave it lol
The following users thanked this post: Thunderpants, HCL29

Offline Osprey

• Bronze Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
I’ll be there mike. Will need to look out the beach gear. Where are you all parking?

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »
I can confirm that all the sea front car parks are now only £1 all day (I had a walk along there this afternoon).

I recommend the middle car park for the event (Harbour Drive South) and you should park as close to the entrance as you can as this is where the path down to the beach is. Do not park at the other end as you can't get down there. The car park gates are closed at 10pm but we will be long gone by then.
The following users thanked this post: DubberGaz

Offline lastchuck

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »
I can confirm that all the sea front car parks are now only £1 all day (I had a walk along there this afternoon).

I recommend the middle car park for the event (Harbour Drive South) and you should park as close to the entrance as you can as this is where the path down to the beach is. Do not park at the other end as you can't get down there. The car park gates are closed at 10pm but we will be long gone by then.

good luck all In the comp, just a note on the parking tickets, I was getting back to the car last week after a sesh on ssp and the car next to mine had a ticket on it, couldn't help but to have a look on the guys dashboard and saw he'd put the parking ticket upside down, easy mistake I suppose and the parky must have been having orgasms after capturing him so make sure yer ticket is displayed properly.

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »
well five days to go that's my headlamps charged up so hopefully I won.t hook myself baiting up.

Offline kayos

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Well lads, we were on the waiting list for tickets for the match against Australia this Saturday long before the SAR meet. As luck would have it, the SRU released more tickets yesterday(from debenture holders who can't go) and our number came up! So after a bit of debate, we decided to take the rugby tickets, rather than drive down to the meet and drive back the next day. A bit disappointed to say the least, but Lynn and I have never been to Murrayfield together, so we are looking forward to the day. We were at the Georgia game last year in Kilmarnock, but tickets for major internationals at Murrayfield are like hen's teeth for fair weather supporters like us, so too good an opportunity to pass up.

All the best for all who fish the SAR meet, I hope the weather and fish are kind to you and can't wait to see the photos.

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »
Cheers Mark. Hope you two enjoy the rugby its sounds like something not to pass up. We can catch up at the SAR summer meet instead. Thankyou for your donations  .cool.

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
The forecast at the moment is looking pretty flat for Littlehaven on Saturday. Does anyone know if it will fish when its flat? If not then we could be changing venue.

Offline scott

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
Never fished it, looks like it could be whiting and flattie friendly on a flat sea.
IS IT WINTER YET?

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
Needs a good role into the harbour to fish from what I know Mike. Probably need another venue unless someone knows something I don't!  .unsure.
Bass fishing addict! Bass in 2017 - 17.

Offline Nooo Fish

• Gold Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »
Mike will ya change my name to tatey heed please.

When I said the 24th was ok I hadn't realised me mate Col is in a charity boxing match the same night. I've spent £70 on tickets for me n Zarra so I'm gonna have to skip the meet.

I'll pay pal my share over tomorrow Mike. And promise to make the next one.

Good luck everyone where ever ya fish. The glass centre might fish if it's flat. Although this rain might bring loads of trees down stream.

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 06:54:02 PM »
Ok Tatey matey  smiley-lol.gif  But the meet is the 25th not the 24th. The backup venue is Jarrow Riverside Park (it is in the first post) but the prize is still for longest fish not longest tree  smiley-lol.gif

Online REG PUDE.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 07:03:08 PM »
The forecast at the moment is looking pretty flat for Littlehaven on Saturday. Does anyone know if it will fish when its flat? If not then we could be changing venue.
IF it was a thursday night session,would you fish it. NO.not in the sea state atm,sorry mike.
ITS your call.
CARNT see why WHY,we cant fish the WALKWAY.
at least, i think theres a better chance of catching some thing.
i know alot of members DONT,like this shot,BUT its only a friendly meet.
sorry mike thats my 2p worth.

old timer.good at winding members up.ps,but will help out anyone best i can.

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!