Latest post on the boards

• Piscan Pot 2017? 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Piscan Pot 2017?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline scott

• Valued Member
Re: Piscan Pot 2017?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Any dates are fine for me  .cool. Looking forward to it.
IS IT WINTER YET?

Offline REG PUDE.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked

personaly,if i was pleasure fishing id go for the 12th nov.as possibly most of session would be in darkness.
eod though,any of them dates suit me.
also think Marsden beach should still fish,even in flatish seas,on both dates,given the time of YEAR.

getting EXCITED now,LOL.

Thats interesting Reg, I dont now any beaches that fish well when its flat.  Is there a chance of something decent or just flatties? Also, what is the north end of Marsden beach like (Velvet Beds)? That might be easier on members legs than the grotto steps :)
as said mike {given the time of year}.ayk always the chance of some nice codlings {had them myself}in flat conditions,from marsden beach.YES the rougher the better,even had bass over the years up to 3lb,even seen a few caught when ive been there.{SAYING NOWT ELSE}.LOL.eod,its all about putting the hours in.ps,give the area a google.
old timer.good at winding members up.ps,but will help out anyone best i can.

Offline scott

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Further north of the bay there's a good chance with the ground being just a little rougher, south I find towards marsden rock suffers with weed on a bigger sea/tide. But it's pot luck when weed fish turn up.
IS IT WINTER YET?

Online Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Littlehaven Beach has been suggested too. It can fish well when there is a sea running. Fishingmark says there have been some decent results there in some Facebook evening matches recently, mostly flatties but also some good bags of coalies and codling. Nice even venue where everyone has an equal chance and parking for a quid up to 10 o'clock close by. Fishable unless there is a howling Easterly or N Easterly.

Offline scott

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
One beach I haven't fished but looks very appealing. Easily accessible aswell and like ya say parking should hopefully be a quid again come NOV.
IS IT WINTER YET?

Offline REG PUDE.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Further north of the bay there's a good chance with the ground being just a little rougher, south I find towards marsden rock suffers with weed on a bigger sea/tide. But it's pot luck when weed fish turn up.
dont know you scott,but it seems like you know what your talking about. .cool..
old timer.good at winding members up.ps,but will help out anyone best i can.

Online DubberGaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
All those dates are ok with me. I've never fished any of the marks mentioned so looking forward to trying somewhere different. .cool.

Offline codqueen

• Bronze Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
We wish we could fish this, but unfortunately we need to be at work on Mondays by 8am.

I will get the "tightwad" to send our £10 entry fee, as SAR deserves our continued support.

Lynn

The other half of the partnership that actually catches fish!
The following users thanked this post: BrianJ, Thunderpants

Online Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

!!

This Topic is locked
That's great Lynn, thankyou.

Ok it looks like the best day to get most people out is going to be Saturday 25th November.  HW is 7.32pm 4.2m, so we will probably fish from around 4pm until 8/9pm.  The venue looks like it could be Littlehaven Beach, Marsden Beach or Jarrow Riverside Park depending on the sea conditions. This will be decided the day before after checking the forecast then posted on the forum. People who have their names down so far are Me, Scott, Fishingmark, Eltel, Juliogeordio, Dale19, Springer, Regpude, BrianJ, Osprey, Dubbergaz, NoooFish and HCL29. Any more?

Once we have finished with this discusiion I will post a new thread with the final details and close this one so that there will be no confusion with the dates.

Reg has kindly donated some of his fantastic "SAR" branded leads for prizes. First prize (longest fish) will win a dozen grip leads and the Piscan Pot Trophy. Second prize (second longest fish) will win a dozen 5oz plain leads. Thanks very much Reg. Top man  .number1.

The following users thanked this post: DALE19

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Nice one Reg. Hope I don’t end up with the losers booby prize again  happy_days.gif
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Offline fishingmark

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Just checked and I'm on standby from work that weekend, can't win lol. I'll just have to hope no calls come in.

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2017, 05:19:19 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
ok mate fine by me I am Saturday clinic person but no clinics are on system yet and even if they do put one on it will finish by lunch time so I can make 4 pm start at any of the venues mentioned.
I will ask the Whalesharkman and also Fishcakes if they can make it
The following users thanked this post: Thunderpants

Offline Nooo Fish

• Gold Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Nice one Reg. Hope I don’t end up with the losers booby prize again  happy_days.gif

I'm sure we agreed you were supposed to wear it on the next comp then hand it in to the next booby.  smiley-lol.gif

Online Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

!!

This Topic is locked
Just checked and I'm on standby from work that weekend, can't win lol. I'll just have to hope no calls come in.

Yeah lets hope they don't call and you can get a good session in.

I'm sure we agreed you were supposed to wear it on the next comp then hand it in to the next booby.  smiley-lol.gif

Ha ha, that's a great idea!

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!