Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Tax rebate given, time to spend some money. Fishing gear help... Head torch help  (Read 136 times)

Offline Callum

• Valued Member
  • Aint nobody got time for that
So basically, im looking to get a new headtorch to replace the ones i already own. Although i dont wanna spend high. Im in need of one that is able  to shine a distance from my rod rest to the water.... (were talking at least 100m). Ive given these "6000 lumens 3 cree bulb" torches a go, however they sure do eat the batteries! smiley-lol.gif ... Ive also given this 30 hour on 1 charge torch a go which doesn't require batteries! also a Pretzl lamp i picked up from ebay... Sadly none of these are allowing me to pick up what im looking for in the distance range. As well as not having to go out buying batteries!

What would you recommend?
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
Princeton Tec Apex.
Had mine now for 6 years & has never let me down. It takes 4 AA batteries.
I have 8 good quality rechargeable batteries. 4 in my head lamp & 4 fully charge spare batteries.
I normally get 3 night sessions out of each charge.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!