Random Gallery Pictures

MySQL error:Access denied for user 'dsr67'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Its pick your brains time boys  (Read 728 times)

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
Its pick your brains time boys
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:12:05 PM »
Well hear goes it

If you could only fit a 10ft lure rod and LRF ROD in your car and your fishing rucksack.

Where in the uk would you head for a holiday and do they have log cabins in the same area.

My 85 year old mother is adamant that she wants a holiday in a log cabin this year and gues who the taxi driver is for the whole holiday.

forgot to add week away would begin 29th june

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Its pick your brains time boys
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »
West coast or south east Scotland mate. Quick google for log cabins and bobs ya uncle!
Bass fishing addict! Bass in 2017 - 17.
The following users thanked this post: ELTEL

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
I think I would fancy Anglesey in North Wales or Isle of Whithorn in Dumfries & Galloway.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Offline kayos

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:38:58 PM »
Probably too far to drive, but Skye would be great for that type of fishing.

Or Tighnabruaich - Decent fishing for a few species and amazing views.

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/tighnabruaich/257193?m=20454&supci=31493869&supag=14201454494&supsc=s&supai=60975579374&supap=1t1&supdv=c&supnt=g&suppm=&supap1=&supap2=

Or Loch Long - Again fishing not the best, but views are and you do catch a few.

https://www.argyllholidays.com/parks/drimsynie-estate-holiday-village/accommodation/lodges

:)
The following users thanked this post: ELTEL

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
How about Branscombe in Devon? It is a small pleasant village with a dozen or so log cabins along the beach so you can fish right in front of where you are staying. I have fished here a few times and have often thought about renting one of them. Its not really an LRF venue but you can get all the usual species to baits (digfish, pouting, poor cod, rockling, eels etc) as well as bull huss in the middle part of the beach and some good bass fishing along to the left if you can be bothered to walk that far. You should get mackerel and scad to lures and maybe some other species I haven't thought of. There are venues for LRF a short drive away and some good (but frustrating) mullet fishing in nearby Axemouth.

The chalets are all individually owned so I can't just post a single link to them all but if you do a search on google you should be able to find their websites.  Not all of the cabins have vehicular access so make sure you check that when you are looking.

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
Thanks boys

Members Gallery Pictures

MySQL error:Access denied for user 'dsr67'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!