Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Clean out your tackle box folks!!!  (Read 937 times)

Offline codqueen

• Bronze Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
Clean out your tackle box folks!!!
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
Here is what Kayos put up on NESA................................... ..Whoops sorry Mark!  .goodbye.

Remember after our last trip of the year, which to be fair, we didn't realise would be our last trip, I said to you Codqueen - "It's your turn to clean out the boat tackle box?".................................I guess you forgot!

So when I decided to check the tackle, now my students are finished, I got it out the shed, opened it and it was minging, really stinking, I almost boaked with the smell!! Hooks, snap swivels, hokki traces, scizzors, a few shads, all covered with rust and only fit for the bin, thank God the reels and some tackle were in a separate box!

A tupperware tub of 10 month old squid, wrapped in a towel, too scared to open it, the smell was rancid, couldn't bin it, so I dug a wee hole in the back green and buried the lot!!  Hosed the box out and it is still in the garden....................... Thanks Lynn. :mad:

Anyway spent all afternoon sorting it out and we are ready for next month's holiday in Whitley Bay. Why do I get so excited each year, only to be disappointed??

For a pair of very part time anglers, we have way too much stuff.

Anything missing that we might need to catch Cod?

Rippers are covered in WD40 and I am hoping they will recover!

[/UR

[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/kayos1960/media/009_zps8ytcpt49.jpg.html]

Less than six weeks to go!
The other half of the partnership that actually catches fish!

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
Re: Clean out your tackle box folks!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »
you could open a shop with all that lot :)

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »
Nothing worse than the rancid smell of rotting bait.
We have l been there.  .barf.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Online kayos

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »
Aye Terry considering since we started fishing 5 summers ago and have probably averaged only 7 charters a year, the gear does look a excessive!

However we started with cheap crap to be honest and have upgraded, but always with second hand gear, decent, but second hand. Even the shads were mostly second hand, plus we had some gifted to us by a very generous guy on NESA.

The only tackle we have ever bought new is terminal tackle. Buying on Gumtree can be quite addictive, we have had some great bargains, especially rods, reels and floatation suits.

Us Scots love a good deal!  smiley-lol.gif

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:48:44 PM »
You can't fail with that lot!  Hope you bash them when you come down. .hooe to meet up to at some point to  .cool.
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Online kayos

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:26:28 PM »
You can't fail with that lot!  Hope you bash them when you come down. .hooe to meet up to at some point to  .cool.

Unfortunately Dave, I seem to fail with any bait, on the best tides and the best weather!

Yeah hope we can meet up, if not on a charter, you can maybe take Lynn and I on a Bass hunt!?  :)

Offline DALE19

• consett war lord retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 08:09:03 AM »
I used to have the same problems boat fishing lads to my right into fish lads to my left into fish me in the middle nowt  .livid. then the old skipper of the war lord bob from amble made me up a trace that he said would catch fish, and it did .fish. .fish. .fish. .fish..
used the same type of baited trace and always had a fish or two fishing from the war lord or the silver scales and JFK.
you can purchase all the fancy gear and fill your tackle box to the brim and still catch nowt  just stick to the old and tried & test methods.  .cool.
nowt again as usual ,just giving worms swimming lessons officer

Offline dabcatcher

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
the boats are fishing well at the moment so heres hoping it satys that way until you visit.

Members Gallery Pictures

MySQL error:Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!