Important advice for new members

Please read our forum rules, they are basically common sense.  

We advise all new members to say hello with their first post in the welcome section of the forum. Once you have started posting you will gain access to the catch reports section.

Thank you for joining up we are a good bunch at SAR, please get involved and enjoy using the site in the future.  Admin SAR

Latest post on the boards

• WINTER BEACH FISHING OFF BRIGHTON/SHOREHAM HARBOURS 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: WINTER BEACH FISHING OFF BRIGHTON/SHOREHAM HARBOURS  (Read 1019 times)

Offline fishingfundi

• Valued Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
WINTER BEACH FISHING OFF BRIGHTON/SHOREHAM HARBOURS
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »
Hi Anglers,
I have come over from the warmth of Kenya (where I fish for sailfish and marlin at this time of year) and wonder where is best for beach fishing around the Hove area.  I fish for Bream, Bass and other fish from the east arm of Shoreham breakwater for a week or so in the summer but would appreciate any information of where is best during these (freezing) February days and nights, what is the best bait and who is catching what. Many thanks to any who reply.
Steve (fishingfundi@yahoo.co.uk)

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
Re: WINTER BEACH FISHING OFF BRIGHTON/SHOREHAM HARBOURS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:58 PM »
Great to have you onboard ....I bet those sailfish are awesome to catch.  I don't really know a lot about the brighton area but a local tackle shop  should give you some great advice.  A pier or beach when calm should give you a good chance of a few fish but don't epect anything huge like you get marlin fishing.  Bass, flatfish and mackerel in season should all be possible along with smoothounds which do grow fairly large come summer time.  .cool.

.welcome. happy_days.gif  Try here...a lot of info in this link http://www.sussexseafishing.co.uk/7.html
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/
The following users thanked this post: DALE19

Offline regpude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:53:55 PM »
thanks for looking site up.as said  its not our local coast line.im sure though you WILL get some  good advice shortly off our members. .welcome.ps,its starting to warmup now in the n/e. .shiver. .shiver. .shiver..
old timer.good at winding members up.ps,but will help out anyone best i can.
The following users thanked this post: fishingfundi

Offline ros46si

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 12:12:24 AM »
you say you came over from kenya are you having a nice holiday
"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
The following users thanked this post: fishingfundi

Offline fishingfundi

• Valued Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 04:34:49 PM »
I skippered a great old boat called Maple Leaf (made of Burmese Teak in 1953) from 1995 to 2007 and here are some of the many fish that were caught... Mostly we practice tag and release for all billfish, shark and Giant Trevally but any fish killed (or died on the hook) are eaten and never wasted! Now I just fish for fun (as opposed to chartering for tourists/local anglers) and I catch sailfish, marlin and dorado regularly from a yacht as well as various power/fishing boats!
Unfortunately I am only in the UK for a few weeks (for a sad family funeral) but may come back in the summer for a bash at some Bass from my sea kayak that I keep at my sister's house in Hove.

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »
Outstanding fishingfundi..great pics there..any of those fish we'd all love to catch.  Let us know how you get on with the fishing in the UK. .you never know we maybe to help in some way.  If possible personally I'd love to see more of your pics and fishing reports from Kenya. ..it's something massively different to what we are used to reading on the forum. .many thanks for your post. .cool. happy_days.gif .sunny.
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing some terrific pictures. Very jealous of those fantastic fish you catch. Especially the dorado.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!