Important advice for new members

Please read our forum rules, they are basically common sense.  

We advise all new members to say hello with their first post in the welcome section of the forum. Once you have started posting you will gain access to the catch reports section.

Thank you for joining up we are a good bunch at SAR, please get involved and enjoy using the site in the future.  Admin SAR

Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: perch rock new brighton  (Read 949 times)

Offline timcj

• Valued Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
perch rock new brighton
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
Hi Everyone just joined thought I would say hello & ask for some advice about fishing perch rock as I have recently moved back up north &have fished there a few times at low water. Caught plenty of nice dabs & whiting but only one small 1lb12oz coding. Any tips on where to fish and & what sort of distance & baits recommended to get into the coding would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tim

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
Re: perch rock new brighton
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »
Hi Tim big  .welcome. to the site. ..hmm perch rock I believe that is on Merseyside. .I'm pretty sure member degs fishes therefairly often.  Give him a message if you don't get any information here
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline eddie t

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 08:28:46 PM »
 .welcome. to the site Tim.  .cool.
Feel free to take a look at my blog.
My blog. http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 08:43:15 PM »
Try here Tim wirral sea anglers there's a great write up about perch rock on that fishing site  .cool.  hope you catch a few if you try it and be sure to let us know how you get on  .cool.
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Online dale19

• consett war lord retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 08:17:31 AM »
 .welcome. to SAR tim  .cool.
nowt again as usual ,just giving worms swimming lessons officer

Offline timcj

• Valued Member
  • Newbie be gentle!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome
I have had a look at the wirral site which had some useful tips so thanks for that
We are going to give it a go tonight
Will let you all know how we got on
The following users thanked this post: JV

Offline Outkast76

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 04:38:25 PM »
Perch rock is best fished 3 hours before low and first 2 hours of the flood on a small neap to medium tide, Daylight will produce Smoothies and other species during darnkness, There is a strong tide run so use 6oz grippers, If you want more info on the area read the write up in Febs Sea Fishing magazine like I just have lol  .cool.

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!