Latest post on the boards

• Why Aye Eyemouth 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Why Aye Eyemouth  (Read 580 times)

Offline JV

• SAR
  • Platinum Member
  • Kiss my wrasse!
Why Aye Eyemouth
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
Wow!!, what a tremendous day it was for SAR member Fishingmark at Eyemouth yesterday.  .cool.  Two new personal bests...a 10lb shore caught pollack!  a specimen ballan wrasse of 4lb to!, dreams are made of this.  happy_days.gif

Marks 10lb pollack

We headed up at 9 am, on arrival two locals had already pulled in a 9 lb kelpy cod and a ling of around 4 or 5 lb. Things looked perfect with a flat sea and sunshine, we couldn't have asked for more.  .sunny.

Float fishing above the heavy kelp seemed to be the best method on the day and it wasn't long before I was smashed up by something huge, a pollack most likely. 

Jigging the float had the wrasse walloping into the bait, with some nice specimens to 4lb.  Mark has been after a good wrasse this summer so I was over the moon when he managed to land a good one.  Unbelievably his bass rod took off in the air when one wrasse took the bait, some raw power in those scrappers!  Luckily I managed to grab the rod before it headed into the sea and Mark was on.  ???

Marks pb wrasse

It was hectic stuff for a couple of hours and even the appearance of a huge seal didn't put the fish off.  It was then that I caught in the corner of my eye Mark struggling with something big on the end of his 30g spinning rod, net at the ready and with a fine bit of angling skill by Mark the fish was in the net, phew!!! smiley-lol.gif  A 10lb pollack!, it was that heavy it broke my landing net....class! smiley32

Before we had to head off the spot I was smashed up by another big pollack to, they were certainly about today  .frantic.  Ragworm and black lug, float fished were easily the killer baits with peeler crab bottom fished for the codling working quite well.

We moved on to another mark at Eyemouth before we were trapped by the flooding tide...here it was slower but we did manage lots of coalies, codling and another wrasse before heading home at 7pm.

Today was certainly Mark's day, get in  .happydancer.

I think Brian J who came along to has a few more pictures to add to this thread, tightlines JV. .cool.
"For we are the Vikings tamers of the deep" Check out my blog http://viking-valhalla.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Thunderpants

• Site Admin
  • Platinum Member
    • Hendrix North East
Re: Why Aye Eyemouth
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »
What a supurb session and what supurb fish! Well done Mark mate.

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
What a trip for Mark (The trawlerman) Batey. It certainly was to be Marks day today & it was a pleasure for me & JV to see 2 splendid specimen fish landed.
It didn’t look to good for us when up popped the biggest seal I have ever seen but as it turned out it didn’t put the fish off.

From Marks first cast with a slappy back it was fish all the way starting with a lovely sized wrasse.

Then a lovely coloured kelpy codling.

Then the fish of a lifetime a 10lb Pollock

JV & myself just seemed to be spectators but Dave did manage to land a couple of wrasse & loads of kelpy cod.

Even though despite all the fish that were being caught I only ended up with 2 coalies (Anglers & danglers).  Despite being absolutely knackered & also dropping my coolbox down the cliff it was a fantastic day to be out fishing.
Great location, great weather, great fishing & great company. Thanks lads.
Well done Mark on 2 terrific PB’s & better still for returning ALL fish.
PS My turn next time.  ;) ;)

I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Offline fishingmark

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Hope it is your turn next time Brian. That poor cool box of yours took some hammer lol. Thanks for the comments lads, makes me look like I know what I'm doing if that is possible! Best session I have had for ages lads, thanks for letting me tag along.

Offline dave1945

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »
lovly looking Pollock there mark and those wrasse what colouring,two fish to be proud of.  davy.

Offline al.thain

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
Great report, pictures and 2 very Nice p.bs mate :)
STATUS SARDINE 

Offline Dave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
big well done mark,  the holy grail of pollack!!! a shore caught double...... cracking fish  .worship.

Offline Davyred

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »
Great report lads, and well done on 2 fantastic fish, especially the double figure pollack

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
Massive well done on two pb fish mark I bet you still got a beaming grin on your face today mate when I got the pollock and the cod on the boat the other week I was grinning for a fortnight mate huge well done to you all for making the trek and landing a few fish to boot but two pb's in the same day are one off sessions you remember for years smiley32 smiley32 smiley32 happy_days.gif happy_days.gif happy_days.gif happy_days.gif

Offline Nicky

• Platinum Member
  • always learning
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
Red letter day for you make well done that pollack is a cracker  .cool.
East End Sea Angling Club Secretary

Offline fishingmark

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »
I'm a very happy man Terry. I don't have days like that too often so I really appreciate them when they come along. Worst of it is the last time I fished that spot I wasted my time spinning when I should have put a bait out on a light rod and float fished with the spinning rod. You live and learn. I learned some good stuff from Dave while I was up there, the marks to fish and how to fish them best.

Offline ELTEL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »
I'm a very happy man Terry. I don't have days like that too often so I really appreciate them when they come along. Worst of it is the last time I fished that spot I wasted my time spinning when I should have put a bait out on a light rod and float fished with the spinning rod. You live and learn. I learned some good stuff from Dave while I was up there, the marks to fish and how to fish them best.
I like to watch and learn every time I am out mate I have picked loads of stuff you never read of in books over the past couple of years since joining the two different forums and fishing with the lads off them and I have also picked loads up off Andy Rutherford mate

Offline juliogeordio

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
Cracking trip out for at least two of you lol. Lovely fish gents
Bass fishing addict! Bass in 2017 - 17.

Offline billfish

• Bronze Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
cracking days fishing lads with some belting fish well done, i still have'nt managed 2 get up north this summer either after saying 2 myself defo this summer but its been 5 summers since last there now. not gonna say it but mayb ummmm.

Offline codboy62

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »
well done dave and friends I went out on my mates boat as you know on sun fished a couple of wrecks I lost a good Pollock easily 8lb but managed eight cod between 4&7lb and a Pollock of 4lbwe would of had a cracking day but the staeter motor packed up and had to be towed in but hope to be out on sun but its great to get good fish from the shore good stuff tight lines

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!