Latest post on the boards

Author Topic: Winter boots  (Read 851 times)

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
Winter boots
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
Winter Boots

The winter can be a testing time whilst out fishing in the cold dark nights & the two main areas that I find tend to be the hardest to keep warm are my hands & feet.
I do a lot of walking with my dog & over a lot of years have tried many different makes of boots that have ranged from £50 up to £150 & have only ever got about 18 months wear & tear out of them.
Two & a half years ago I needed some new boots & was advised to try North Face Chilkats.
It turned out to be the best investment in boots I have ever made. They are incredibly warm, great grip in the snow, plenty of ankle support & comfortable to wear on long walks with the dog.
Even when I went to Norway I decided to take my Chilkat boots instead of my Skeetex boots & they did not let me down. Wearing a thin pair of cotton socks & a pair of neoprene socks they kept my feet warm even at -16C.
Those original Chilkat boots lasted me 2 years & I have just replaced them with North Face Chilkats 11 that I purchased from the North Face shop next to the Monument in Newcastle. They had a price on them for £95 but after a bit haggling I managed to get 10% off.
These new models are even warmer than my original Chilkats but still retain all the original features.

One word of warning, DO NOT buy these boots on the internet because they are very small fitting & you really need to try them on before buying.

Happy feet.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Offline Dave

• Platinum Member
Re: Winter boots
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
Nice one bri im on the look out for some warm boots how many sizes up did you get from your regular shoe size then???

Offline BrianJ

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »
Nice one bri im on the look out for some warm boots how many sizes up did you get from your regular shoe size then???
The daft thing is Dave I am a size 10 but my first Chilkats were a size 11 but my new ones are size 12.
I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

jonesy

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »
Look good ones mate, I have really wide feet so like you say the only real way is to try them on.    I bought some baffin boots from canada which are supposed to be good upto -40 but my feet still seem to freeze.lol

Offline pop65

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »
Good info bri keep them in mind
Cheers phil
any sea fishing will do as long as i have me rods reels bait to try and catch a few

Offline BenMc

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
i have a pair of jack wolfskin boots which i use for both summer and winter, in summer they keep your feet nice and cool without sweating and in winter they keep you feet lovely and warm. they are made out of texapore which is great stuff.

i also have a texapore coat also from jack wolfskin which i have had for about 4 years now and use it for my winter fishing. texapore is great as it does not allow rain or water to collect and just runs stright off.

must admint though jack wolfskin isnt cheap

Members Gallery Pictures

MySQL error:Access denied for user 'dsr67'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

To access all the boards on this forum please read the Forum Rules then click on "Register" to become a Member. We look forward to welcoming you to SAR!